Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy Late Easter!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! :)
 
      We had a very good Easter! We attended three different ward sacrament meetings! We were filled all day with uplifting messages about our Savior and all that He has done for us! I know that it is only because of Him that there is any life at all. He lived a perfect, sinless life, and payed the price for our sins in the garden of gethsemane, and died on the cross for us. But he rose three days later, and He lives! Because He lives, we will all live again! I know that if we choose to follow Him and live for Him as our Savior, we can live with Him forever! I am so so so grateful for His unconditional love and guidance!
 
      My favorite part of church was in the last service that we went to. The choir sang Easter songs, and people from the choir stood up and said things between songs. One man's story spoke to me the most, he said:
      "I had a friend growing up, who was making poor choices. He knew better, he had been taught better, and lots of people tried to help him get back on the right path, but he continued to make poor choices. One day he called me and asked me to give him a priesthood blessing, and I am ashamed to say, that my first thought was, 'finally, this is perfect, now I can tell him what he's doing wrong, and he will listen, becasue it's a blessing' manipulative, I know. But when I layed my hands on his head to give him the blessing, all I felt was love for him. I knew that it was Heavenly Father's love for him! The feelings I had previously were washed away, and all I could tell him was how much God loved him. I was truly humbled."
     I love that story!!!! Heavenly Father loves us so much and so unconditonally! We are imperfect, and fallen people, but because of Jesus Christ, the Father can look upon us with so much love and compassion no matter what we have done! We are never too far gone, He is always standing with arms wide open.
      So this week we had another baptism. Tiffany Jr. decided to be baptized as well! Her mom and sister were baptized a few weeks ago! She is so awesome! She didn't feel ready to be baptized when they were, but I am so glad she took the time to prepare and do this for herself and for God. We have seen her grow so much, there is a new light in her eyes :) I'll send a picture in another email!
 
      I wish I could tell you about all of the amazing people we are teaching, and the miracles that continue to happen! There is just so much! I hope that something here can uplift you and draw you closer to your Savior! :)
 
     If you have not already, you should check out the 2 minute Easter videos about the Savior at FollowHim.mormon.org

 
Love,
Sister Kirkpatrick
 


 
Also, this was a surprise baptism! Her mom thought it was a birthday
party because her birthday was the next day, and when she saw her
daughter in white she just started crying she was so happy with the
choice she had made to be baptized 😊 it was so sweet!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment