Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Growing Pains

Hello from South Jordan!! 

First of all I just need to tell you all how blessed I was to stay in West Jordan for as long as I did and have so many people that loved me, and that I loved more than they will ever know! It was so hard to say goodbye to the Tippets, but they dropped me off at my new apartment and helped me to get situated, I truly felt like they were my parents dropping me off at college! And the rest of the day I was finding cute notes from sister tippets hidden in the apartment ❤🤗 I'll attach a picture! 😍

So my first time being transferred, white washing and training, I have been so humbled! I didn't realize how blessed I was to be teaching so much in West Jordan, and have to many people to teach!!! We only had one person we were teaching when we got here, and since then we have found one more, and visited a few more than that. I know the Lord has called me here for a reason, and I believe we will see many miracles! And the people here are so willing to help us, which is really great! 

This weekend I LOVED watching general conference! My favorite part I think was the Sunday morning session, everything in it spoke directly to me! My favorite talk was By Russell M. Nelson, about JOY! He said that because of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us, we can feel joy in all circumstances, even the tough ones, because our joy is not dependent on our circumstance, our JOY is in JESUS! 🙏🏽🙌🏽 I so desperately needed to hear that, because this week has been tough. I remember what a very wise companion once told me though "that when things weren't the best in a companionship, you just go to work, you fully immerse yourself in the work, and there is nothing like it!" I believe that and I have already felt it! As we read during companionship study this week and the atonement of Jesus Christ and missionary work, I felt God's love so strongly that I was almost moved to tears (and I don't cry!) I realized why I'm here, and it has NOTHING to do with me and EVERYTHING to do with Jesus, and inviting everyone I can to know Him! 

After one the last session of conference a woman we were watching it with told us a story of a boy in the hospital excited for conference, saying elder Bednar was his favorite, and at that moment they saw Elder Bednar walking down the hall, and asked him if he could come meet their boy, they said he did and he came to give a priesthood blessing to the boy. He told him " Everything will be alright, you are here for a reason, learning things you could not learn anywhere else. It won't be easy, but it will be alright." Little did he know that was exactly what I needed to hear as well! I know that there is little growth in a comfort zone, and little comfort in a growth zone. I am definitely in a growth zone!!! 

I know that I am in the Lords hands, and that He knows and loves me so perfectly! And that He has plans to grow me this transfer... I trust Him with my whole heart, and am learning that happiness is a choice, that we can choose to be happy in any situation, because our joy is in Jesus, who will never leave us!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment