Tuesday, September 27, 2016

End of Transfer #5!

So first! The AP's called and told me I'm going to be training another
new missionary and still be a sister training leader! They didn't
tell me if I'm leaving or not though! But that means if I am leaving
West Jordan, 😥 then I will be white washing, which means we will both
be new to the area and not know anyone or have a clue where we're
going! Haha the Lord must think I'm strong to give me this! But my
strength is in Him alone, and with Christ all things are possible!

Philippines 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Alma 26:11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is
brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for
in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles
we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name
forever.

This week has been good! It's been a little tough, but it's
strengthened my testimony! I know that God is always with us, but I
love that during the trying times we can feel Him SO CLOSE! ❤️
One of the experiences from this week was that we started to talk to a
woman and her adult son on the street and they just wanted to argue.
She was contentious from the start so I wasn't really talking to her,
sister Alvarado was. But her son seemed pretty genuine. So I told him
I respected their beliefs and shared my testimony when he asked
questions about what we believe. At one point she started to tell us
what we believe ( things that weren't true) and something in him
changed, he started to talk angrily as well and I could see the crazy
in his eyes. So I didn't respond for awhile. Once he'd stopped I
shared simple testimony of Jesus and His love before leaving and I
could see the crazy start to fade. It is amazing the times the spirit
can and can't be there, and it cannot be with contention. The fruits
of the situation and the black and white contrast of feelings
strengthened my testimony that we are doing the Lords work. I believe
this is the gospel He established when he was here and he doesn't want
us to argue, but rather spread his truth and love. We are so blessed
as missionaries to be able to do that every day!


I love you all! And will write more later if I'm being transferred!
I wrote more before but it got deleted to this email is shorter, sorry!

❤️ Sister Kirkpatrick

And the news is......

WHITE WASHING!

So I am white washing with my new missionary in the south Jordan
highland stake!!!! It will be an adventure! That's for sure!!! (White 
washing means going to an area that is new to both missionaries, 
instead of just one) Does anyone from Utah know anyone in that stake?
I am excited, we will be replacing elders! And one of them was my
first zone leader, he's going home to Italy tomorrow!
There are a ton of changes in the whole mission due to the amount of
new missionaries, they are opening up new areas.
I am so sad to leave all of the people in West Jordan that I have
grown to love so much! I am going to a meeting with the new sisters
and the sister training leaders from 5:30-9pm tonight, so I won't have
time to say bye to very many people 😥😥😥
Soooo sorry I won't get to respond much today! I will more next week!

I hope everyone will watch general conference this weekend!! I am so
excited for it! And now I don't know if I'll get to go or not haha! We
had tickets if I was staying here, but we shall see!

Anyways, back home in WV you can watch it online at LDS.org or on tv
on the BYU tv channel I think? Or at the church nearest to you!!! It
will be 12-2pm and 4-6pm this Saturday and Sunday!!! 😊🙏🏽⛪️❤️

Love,
Sister Kirkpatrick










No comments:

Post a Comment