Monday, July 10, 2017

IT'S JULY!

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July tomorrow! πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

I'm making the most of the time I have left! 😊 we had a great week!

We met two new people this week, Colton and Amy! Colton was so excited
to come to church and learn more and meet people, and when we gave him
a copy of the Book of Mormon, he said "No way?! πŸ˜„" he didn't come to
church Sunday though, so we went by to see if everything was alright,
and his parents told us that he had over dosed on heroine and his 14
year old brother found him dead, but the medics were able to bring him
back. It was so sad! I feel so bad for his parents, they are hoping he
will finally get some help now. We're going to go do some service for
them this week 😊
We also met Amy, we met her brother running and he told us we could
stop by. When we did he wasn't there, but Amy was and she talked to us
for awhile, she said her faith was so important to her that she had
seriously considered becoming a nun. She said now she wants to be a
nurse because she loves service so much, she's awesome! We told her
about callings and opportunities for service in our church and she
really liked it!
We had some great lessons with Victor this week! 😊 he's doing so
good! He is still reading the Book of Mormon and he understands way
more than I did the first time I read it! He has started living the
word of wisdom, he stopped drinking coffee this week! He is so excited
to get baptized July 26! I'm sad I will miss it but I'm just so happy
for him, and I know it's the Lords timing!

I got to go to the salt lake temple twice this week! Once with all of
the departing missionaries and President and Sister Lansing, and again
with Dario and Dallis! It was so much fun being in the temple with
everyone, the Lansing's are so great 😊 It was fun watching Dario see
everything there for the first time 😊 he and Dallis stayed to do
baptisms in the temple after we left!

This week I feel like I learned a lot about the importance of how
beautifully simple the gospel is. This scripture has been my favorite
this week:

1 Nephi 11:17
And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless,
I do not know the meaning of all things.

That is true for me for sure! I do not begin to have all of the
answers, but I know that God loves me. I know that because He sent His
Only Begotten Son to live and die for me. I know that what ever you
shine the light on will grow. If we choose to shine the light on our
questions or doubts, it becomes a downward spiral. But as we choose to
center our minds on our faith in Jesus Christ and the truths that the
spirit has taught us, that's when we continue to grow in our faith. I
know Jesus Christ is my Savior and He suffered for me individually
because I've felt it. I've felt peace in times where it didn't make
any sense at all to feel peace, other than knowing that Christ knew
exactly how I felt. I know that as we keep Christ at the center of our
lives, we will always have joy, no matter what else changes around us.

Love,
❤️ Sister Kirkpatrick





No comments:

Post a Comment