Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Super fast week!

This week has flown by! At the same time, things that happened on
Tuesday already feel like it was so long ago! I went on exchanges with
sister Hinchcliff on Tuesday, and got to go visit people from my old
area 😊 We got to have a lesson with Amy ❤️ I love and miss her  so
much! The relationships you make are the best part of serving a
mission! She knows she will always be my friend no matter where life
takes us 🤗

Nic Watson got baptized on Saturday! It was so exciting! It sounds
like he faced a lot of opposition leading up to his baptism, but his
whole family still came to support him! He shared his testimony after
his baptism, and it was great, because Marci came with us and she
really felt the spirit! 😊

This Sunday we had a cool miracle! A girl texted us and told us she
was coming to church and bringing her coworker to church for the first
time as well and asked if they could sit with us! His name is Edwin,
he is so nice! We showed him around the church and had a lesson
afterwards, and he is excited to come back next Sunday! The priesthood
authority that Christ gave his apostles really seemed to make sense to
him, and he wants to be baptized himself!
Vincent and Marci also came to church Sunday! Vincent is great, his
heart is so good and I know God is very aware of him!

This week I had a lot of experiences, where the spirit taught me how
important it is for someone to gain a testimony that the Book of
Mormon is true for them self. Monday we went to go see Vincent with
our new ward mission leader Sebastian, and we told him a little about
Vincent and that he was praying to know if he should be baptized or
not, and that he had just started reading the Book of Mormon
regularly. Sebastian said "well until he gains a testimony of the Book
of Mormon he shouldn't be baptized anyways right?" And we said well
yeah of course! We knew that already, but it just struck me how true
it is, once you gain a testimony that it is true, and that it's the
word of God, everything else just falls into place. Someone else at
church was asking about someone they met last week, and we told them
that they'd decided to read the Book of Mormon every day, and he said
"Oh they're screwed, if they read it every day with an open heart
they're going to know it's true!" It was funny, but so true! I also
loved talking about it with Amy, she asked why the Bible wasn't enough
or why the Book of Mormon was better, and I told her it wasn't better,
they should be read together, because they both testify of Jesus
Christ, and just give us an even more full picture of His life.

 We looked at an example:

 Luke 22:42-44
"42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me:
nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was
as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."

& Alma 7:11-13
"11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and
temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled
which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his
people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of
death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their
infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to
the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his
people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God
suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins
of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according
to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony
which is in me."

In Luke we read about Christ's experience, nothing can replace that.
In Alma we read why Jesus did what He did. It doesn't take away from
or discredit Luke, it only testifies of Christ's love for each of us
and gives us more truth!
Those are some of my favorite verses. I am so grateful to know how
much Jesus loves me, and that he lived his life and died for me, so
that He would know the things I go through in this life, I am never
alone because of what He did. I always have someone who knows exactly
what I'm feeling. And I can return to live with God again because of
His sacrifice for me! I know He loves you so much! Having a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ is the only way to find true and
lasting happiness! ❤️

Love,
Sister Kirkpatrick







No comments:

Post a Comment