Monday, May 16, 2016

3 Months!

Transfers are in one week! 😣🙈 I am so grateful that Sister Lopez was my trainer though, she is one of the most Christ like people I have ever met! I feel God's love so much for me after we  run into someone who wants to try to tear down our testimonies, and then we leave and I have her to talk about the peace and strength God allowed us to feel, in what should have been a contentious moment. This week we met a man who was really just bashing and trying shake our faith, but with everything he said scripture verses came to my mind, that opposed every argument he tried to make. I wanted to share them but I knew they wouldn't help, he wasn't interested in hearing what we had to say. We simply told him how much we loved our Savior Jesus Christ, and how much we knew Christ loved him, and told him we had to leave. 
      We have seen so many miracles in our work this week! We met a man named David, who no longer believes in God. We bore simple testimony of experiences in our lives in which we have felt God the most, and he said in those circumstances we needed God, but his life is going good so he doesn't know why he needs God. He said that although he does not share the same belief, he knows a lot of people do, so we must know something he doesn't. He is open and willing to change, we are so excited to continue meeting with him. We also had a woman who hasn't been to church in years, come the past couple weeks. She told us that the first time we came to visit her we changed the spirit in her home, and she decided it was time to come back! 
      This week during personal study I opened up the paper back copy of the Book of Mormon that my first missionaries gave me. There is something about that particular copy that makes me feel the spirit so strongly. Those were the pages I turned as the spirit witnessed of its truth for the first time. Each time I open it I am filled with so much love for the Word, and a desire to keep reading and never put it down. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives and He loves us so much!! It is only because of Him that we can return to our Father in Heaven, and grow and feel joy in this life! We are unprofitable servants, verse 21 is my favorite! 😊

Mosiah 2:20-25
20 I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another--
21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another--I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.
22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
23 And now, in the first place, he hath created you, and granted unto you your lives, for which ye are indebted unto him.
24 And secondly, he doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you. And ye are still indebted unto him, and are, and will be, forever and ever; therefore, of what have ye to boast?
25 And now I ask, can ye say aught of yourselves? I answer you, Nay. Ye cannot say that ye are even as much as the dust of the earth; yet ye were created of the dust of the earth; but behold, it belongeth to him who created you.

We didn't take many pictures this week, but here are a few!




No comments:

Post a Comment