Monday, April 4, 2016

Update through pictures :)

   Sister Lopez and I have had a wonderful week! We have been busy,
which is good. This week we asked a sister who just came back from her
mission to go to a lesson with us, and it ended up falling through. We
went to our back up plan, and she agreed to go with us to see if they
were home. We knocked on the door of a woman who was raised in the
gospel but no longer attends church, who is married to a Muslim man.
She said they have always given their children the choice of how they
want to worship God, and have just tried to teach them correct
principles. She has another son who is studying to be a Protestant
minister! It is amazing to see so much love, tolerance, and acceptance
in one family. She told us she would talk to her younger son and see
if he was interested in talking to us, so we went to follow up. She
said he was sick and wasn't sure he was ready to meet with us, but he
came to the door, and agreed to watch our Easter video! After showing
it, seeing what he thought about it, and sharing some of our own
thoughts, he said a closing prayer, and we asked him if we could come
back and meet with him again, or if he wanted more time to think about
it like his mom had mentioned. Without hesitation he said, "I want you
to come back!", it was so sweet! We are excited to meet with him next
week!
      This week I learned that we can develop faith in a particular
principle, by first believing in Christ strongly enough to obey His
commandments. "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the
doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." -John
7:17.
      As President Uchtdorf said, "As we increase in faith, we must
also increase in faithfulness." We won't be perfect, but we must do
our best by choosing each day to follow our Savior.
      Today marks two years since I was baptized. It is one of the
best decisions I have ever made, because it has drawn me closer to my
Savior and allowed me to have the constant companionship of the Holy
Ghost, and learn so much more from God!




These are the Tippets! My dad sent a new bike for me and Brother
Tippets (one of the ward mission leaders) assembled it! I am blessed
beyond belief! They are such amazing people, it is truly a sign of
God's love that they are in my first area, they do so much for us! We
got to watch the second session of general conference with them, and
they made fruit and cracker trays for us to snack on! Also they make
amazing malts! 😊

 







 


No comments:

Post a Comment