Monday, June 13, 2016

Happy Monday! 😊🎉

It has been a good week! We had a ton of lessons scheduled but a good
majority of them fell through.. We are still smiling though 😊 I am
thoroughly enjoying experiencing firsts with sister Mallarme!
Yesterday it hailed, she was so scared at first! Once we got out of it
she wanted to go see it and she said where did it come from?!?! I told
her the sky! Haha she said it was a miracle! Pictures to come 😊.  She
has started opening up to me a lot more this week! I don't remember
what we were talking about one night, but I said "West Virginia,
mountain momma!" And she goes "yes! I know the song! We sing it in
Micronesia!" Haha I said what?! You know it in pohnpeian?? And she
said " no in English, before I don't know what do it mean? But now I
do!" Hahahahaha she says they just like it, I couldn't get over it!

This weekend we had stake conference as well as a missionary fireside.
They were both really good! Pictures to come as well. 😊 a visiting
area 70 came, Elder Warner, and he spoke mostly from Luke, I loved it!
He said we all know someone who is not following God the way that
they could or should be, and our hearts hurt for them.
He referenced Luke 8:23-24
 " 23 But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm
of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in
jeopardy.
24 And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we
perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the
water: and they ceased, and there was a calm."
He told us not to worry about those people, because Jesus was in the
boat with them. He loves and knows us better than we could ever
imagine!

This week I learned that we really don't need to try to persuade
people  to make or keep commitments. The gospel of Jesus Christ does
that itself. If we share with others the truth and happiness it has
brought into our lives, they will want the same thing. We all need
Jesus in the boat with us! I know that He is and He loves us so
individually and perfectly. I am so thankful for the scriptures, that
we can search Christ's teachings, and strive to do as He would each
and every day!

Love,
Sister Kirkpatrick










No comments:

Post a Comment