Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Long week!

It was so so soooo  sad saying "see you later" to Sister Lopez! I
am beyond grateful for the time I had with her, she is one of the most
amazing humans I know, and she left a huge impact on me, I hope to be
half the missionary she is one day! 😊❤️ she is now serving as a
sister training leader in Sandy Utah!
      I also have an amazing new companion as well! Her name is Sister
Mallarme. She is from Micronesia and only started learning English
when she got to the MTC 8 weeks ago! It is fun helping her continue to
learn English for an extra hour of study each morning! She has such an
amazing testimony and I know it is hard to not always have the words
to share it, but that does not keep the spirit from working through
her. What she does contribute to the lessons is always exactly what
the person needs to hear, and her testimony has already brought many
people to tears. I a, trying to build her confidence in sharing her
testimony, because her experience in the MTC with her companion broke
my heart! Her companion would not speak to her unless she had to, she
would speak Spanish with other missionaries, and told sister Mallarme
she shouldn't share her testimony in every lesson! I was furious when
she told me that! This might not be the most a Christ like thing to
say, but I hope that girl gets humbled real soon! Sister Mallarme is
so strong for still being here! She is adjusting to so much! People,
food, language, animals (she's only seen a dog and a cat in
Micronesia, the first day we saw dogs, ducks, chickens, horses, cows
and bunnies!), and I was able to teach her to ride a bike during our
exercise time Thursday morning! She learned in 20 minutes! And
although we go very slow, she's been riding everywhere since!

      I feel a little overwhelmed doing most things on my own now, as
a new missionary, I don't feel like I know how to do everything, but I
am trying! I remind myself that she is going through a lot more than I
am, and the Lord knows what He is doing. In church this Sunday, a
woman said, if live ever becomes easy, we become weak. I don't think I
will become weak this transfer!

-Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their
weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my
grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for
if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I
make weak things become strong unto them."

I love and miss you all, time is flying though!

Love,
Sister Kirkpatrick





No comments:

Post a Comment