Tuesday, July 26, 2016

🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻

This week has been another slower week as far as teaching goes, but
it's been good because we've been able to spend more time out meeting
new people! This week we focused on teaching on the spot, sharing our
testimonies when we meet people walking instead of asking if we can
come visit some time. We had a lot of really cool experiences! We
started talking to a girl sitting in the grass with a woman we know,
and she said "listen you don't wanna waste your time on me, I'm a
stripper" and I said "so? You're also a child of God and I know He
loves you so much!" She went on to tell us she was atheist and we were
crazy, but the more we talked to her the more she realized we were
humans haha and became more and more interested. She said "hang on, I
wanna hear this, I gotta go get some cigarettes and come back." So we
waited and ended up having a long conversation with her. We asked her
what made her happiest and she told us her daughter, so we related
that love to God's love for her and she let us leave a pamphlet on the
plan of salvation with her and our phone number! 😊

We met another woman and asked her if she was a member of the church,
and she said no, not yet. So we said you want to be? And she said yea!
Haha miracles all around! She told us of the experience she had
camping next to an LDS family, and how she just felt good vibes from
them and they invited her to participate in their family scripture
study, and that she wanted her family to be eternal too!

Also, last night we met a woman who hasn't been to church in 27 years.
She was really quite rude to us when we started to talk to her. She
said she didn't need us to share a message with her to know God. We
told her she was absolutely right. As we started to talk to her
husband who is a member of another faith, she began to soften, again,
realizing we actually were human, haha sometimes I wonder if wearing
this name tag puts a third eye on my forehead or something? They ended
up letting us sit down with them and share the message of the
restoration of the gospel. 😊 it was so amazing to see the change that
took place in her in such a short period of time!

1 Nephi 18:24 "And it came to pass that we did begin to till the
earth, and we began to plant seeds; yea, we did put all our seeds into
the earth, which we had brought from the land of Jerusalem. And it
came to pass that they did grow exceedingly; wherefore, we were
blessed in abundance."

Right now we are spending a lot of time planting seeds, but I know
miracles are coming 😊

This week in my personal study I continued to feast on John. I am sure
I've said it before, but the New Testament is coming to life so much
more this time through; I feel like I'm watching a movie as I learn
from the Savior's perfect example! I love Him so much!

I love and miss you all!
Sister Kirkpatrick


Ps: pictures from hiking last week!





No comments:

Post a Comment