Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Independence Day Update!!

We have been having so much fun this week getting on the roof of our
house to watch fireworks! It's so amazing because we can see so far
and there are like 5 different shows going off every night. It's only
legal here to set them off three days before and after the 4th so
people go nuts! It's sister Mallarme's first time seeing them and she
is so excited! 😊🎉

This morning we went to a pancake breakfast in the park and we are
getting ready to go watch a parade and then go to a carnival!! 😊 we
better not get transferred because we've got big plans! And I don't
want to leave! We have met so many amazing people this week!

We have started teaching the sweetest lady named Stephanie! She was
atheist until a couple of years ago so she is just starting to learn
about scriptures and Jesus, it is amazing!
And we started teaching a super sweet girl named Kayla last night! She
came to church yesterday first! 🎉🎉🎉

We have seen so many miracles this week! The one that stands out to me
most happened last night. We have been working with the Martin family
most of my time here. First Braiden was baptized and then his mom,
Angel, was baptized a month later. Angel's brother Aaron came to
Braiden's baptism for support but did not want to talk to us. He came
to Angel's baptism as well, and cried he felt the spirit so strongly,
but he still did not want to learn more from us. Last night we saw him
outside of their home and asked if there was anything we could do for
him. Through tears, he said "pray for me". We got off our bikes and
asked what we could pray for and had a very powerful prayer together,
I could feel the spirit so strongly! Before we left we invited him to
church, and he said he would be there, and he was! Angel said she
never thought the day would come when they would all be in church
together, it was so sweet!

This week in my personal study, I feasted on Luke 22-24. I have read
the New Testament a few times, but this time through it was so
powerful and real! I put myself in the shoes of the apostles and asked
how it is that I fall into the same behavior they did, as they slept
in the garden of gethsemane, and other instances in those chapters.
Our Savior's love and sacrifice for us is truly amazing. I am so
grateful and humbled at the opportunity to share that love with
others!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!!! 🎉🎉🎉

❤️ Sister Kirkpatrick


Pictures of people I ❤







No comments:

Post a Comment