Monday, August 29, 2016

Action packed week!!!

This week has been so full and amazing! It started off sad though, the Buchanans finished their mission πŸ˜₯😫 sad day, but so happy I got to serve so long with them! ❤️ I am also still so happy to be serving with my companions, we have so much fun together! We work hard but we laugh a lot πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚

Also, this week I went on my first exchange as a sister training leader! Basically everything that could've gone wrong did, but it was just bad timing. I hope that I was able to help in some way πŸ˜³ 

We had one of the best lessons I've been in to this point in my mission this week! It was a first lesson with a man named Chris and his girlfriend Melanie!  He is so funny!! He is open and honest about his beliefs but truly seeking truth! He said he would be baptized September 24 if he got his answer from God, and then he came to church!! As we were scheduling the next visit, Melanie said so next week or the week after? And he said "Noooo,September 24, we got a deadline!! We gotta get the "W" (win)!! Haha it was hilarious! I kept saying spiritual witness and I guess no one else knew what I was talking about, I just meant an answer from God, so now we're saying he's gotta get the SW (spiritual witness) not W for (win)! Haha! He said such a sincere prayer at the end, we all knelt and held hands and he started with "What's up big G?!" And she prayed sincerely to know the truth and that his heart would be opened and softened to the truth, and the before he closed he said "I just wanna open up the mike now for anyone else who has anything they wanna add" and we had the best popcorn prayer ever!!!!!! We were all so happy πŸ˜Š they're having us over for dinner and a lesson tonight!! πŸŽ‰

We also had an amazing first lesson with a man named Kurt, sister Casagranda got us in because she's from Alaska and he loves Alaska! We talked for awhile but then we has such a spiritual restoration lesson!!! I felt the spirit sooo strongly as I testified of our Savior Jesus Christ and His life, atonement, and love for us! It was amazing! These both happened in the same day, needless to say it was a great day!!!

This week from my personal study I loved reading Helaman 15:6-8 (from the Book of Mormon, I'll paste them below), those verses are so powerful and exactly what I want to do; strive with unwearied diligence to bring my brothers and sisters to the knowledge of the truth so that it can set them free! I know that this is the Lords work, and He loves each and everyone of us so much and so perfectly!!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ€— I invite you all to ask Him for a hug this week, and be enveloped in His warm love ❤

Helaman 15:6-8
6 Yea, I say unto you, that the more part of them are doing this, and they are striving with unwearied diligence that they may bring the remainder of their brethren to the knowledge of the truth; therefore there are many who do add to their numbers daily.
7 And behold, ye do know of yourselves, for ye have witnessed it, that as many of them as are brought to the knowledge of the truth, and to know of the wicked and abominable traditions of their fathers, and are led to believe the holy scriptures, yea, the prophecies of the holy prophets, which are written, which leadeth them to faith on the Lord, and unto repentance, which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart unto them--
8 Therefore, as many as have come to this, ye know of yourselves are firm and steadfast in the faith, and in the thing wherewith they have been made free.


Sincerely, 
Sister Kirkpatrick ❤





No comments:

Post a Comment