Monday, August 15, 2016

Pictures and transfers!!

So the AP's (Assistants to the Mission President) called and told me 
I'm going to be a Sister Training Leader, but didn't tell us anything else!!! 
So we don't know yet whether we're staying together or splitting up, 
or staying or going!

This was a pretty good week! Sister Mallarme showed me how to crack,
scoop and cook a coconut! Avery was baptized, and she looked so
cute!!! We went to one ward's cook out, and I was excited to see Jas
there! And then we went to another ward's ice cream social! It was so
fun to see so many people we teach come out to the events! 😊 then we
had more malt milkshakes with our favorite people just in case one of
us leaves!

This week we found a lot of new people to teach! One of them is an 81
year old woman, but she does not look or act that old!!! Another one
was a man named Jim! He'd just moved in three days earlier when we
knocked on his door. We were actually looking for someone else but met
him and had a good lesson on the spot. He was studying to be a
minister at one point in his life but sounds like he was offended by
people and is not agnostic, and seems angry at God. But he was very
grateful to have someone to talk to about it and when we gave him a
Book of Mormon he said "can I have this?? I've been wanting one!!" Not
the response we typically get haha, we were excited!

I love this area and the people, and my zone, but I know that if I am
called to go somewhere else, that it's because the Lord has other
plans! I am thankful to be able to call Jesus my friend (John
15:13-15) and be able to do His work and spread His word!

I love and miss you all!
❤️Sister Kirkpatrick







No comments:

Post a Comment