Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hello world 🙋

Its been a pretty good week! Last Monday we went hiking with Rachel 😊
it was so much fun!!
The picture below is a face mask Kiki sent me 🤗
And some polaroids from exchanges with Sister Turner and Sister Hanson
😊 apparently I missed out on the craziness in our area on exchanges,
a semi truck ran into a power line and took down 4 poles and caught a
house on fire and a lot of people were without power for the rest of
the night! I didn't even know until the next day!

Last week we didn't find anyone new to teach, so we were really
praying for a miracle, something to inspire our faith, and we met two
really sweet girls, Brickelle and Jessie! We shared the restoration of
the gospel of Jesus Christ with them and when we asked if they already
had a copy of the Book of Mormon, and the younger one(10 years old),
who was so quiet the entire time, ran to her room to get her copy and
show us, her mom told us she catches her reading it at night and she's
already read the entire thing! That blows my mind! It took me over a
year to read it the first time! She said she doesn't always understand
everything but she feels good when she reads it! That strengthens my
testimony so much of what a powerful witness it is of our Savior Jesus
Christ and how plain and precious the truths in it are! They both want
to be baptized in February! 😊❤

We got to spend some time with our favorite person Amy this week too
:) she is the sweetest! I just love her! ❤ she is so sincere and I
know that Heavenly Father loves her so much and will answer her
prayers! Heavenly Father is so aware of each and every one of us, it
is incredible! I was smiling ear to ear when she told us about her and
her daughters prayers over food this week, the scriptures are so true
when they say "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them
not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."- Matthew
19:14 and "Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little
child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 18:4 I
love it! ❤

We also met and started visiting a Samoan family, the Saena's this
week, they have the cutest kids!!! They are working to get to the
temple this year and be sealed as a family! I am so excited for them!
They were both called as Sunday school teachers this week in church 😊
We are going to temple square with them Tuesday, so pictures to
come next week! 👏🏽🎉⛪️

I love missionary work, because of all of the amazing people we are
able to come to know and love so quickly, these truly are
relationships that I will cherish forever! I know God loves each one
of us so much, which is why He sent His Son Jesus Christ into the
world, so that whosoever should believe in him should not perish, but
have everlasting life! He is the good news and I am so grateful to be
able to tell people about Him every day! 🤗

I hope you all have a blessed week!
Love,
Sister Kirkpatrick





No comments:

Post a Comment