Monday, April 3, 2017

Most amazing weekend of my life!



Okay, let's just acknowledge the fact that I've gained 25 pounds on my
mission 😭 (for the pictures you'll see attached!) and move onto the
fact that it's been the most amazing weekend ever!!!

Dario was baptized Saturday morning!!! 🎉🎉👏🏽👏🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
He was soooo happy! I could not stop smiling the entire time! He and
the person who baptized him were wearing matching suits and they were
both so excited! The baptism was so powerful! The baptism itself was
quick, he went all the way under the first time, and just looked like
he felt so clean as he came out of the water! After the baptism, he
shared a little bit of his story and how he got to this point in his
life, his England accent came out, it was awesome, he's the coolest!
He was so nervous to speak, but he seemed like a natural, we told him
that afterwards and he said "I know! I was so nervous but then the
words just came!!" Spirit!!! After he spoke, President Anderson spoke,
and he said "Not only are these people you see here supporting you,
but I feel strongly impressed to tell you that there are also people
on the other side of the veil, your family members who have already
passed on, that are here with you as well." I was blown away!!! He had
no clue that Dario's mom passed away when he was 13, but God knew, and
I believe she was there watching over him as well, it was incredible!
The next morning in sacrament meeting he received the gift of the Holy
Ghost, and then at 2pm he received the Aaronic priesthood, and a
calling to be on the welcoming committee!!! I AM BEYOND EXCITED FOR
HIM! He is on the fast track! Haha he inspires my faith so much! The
picture outside is after we chased him down after church to take a
picture with him, haha we were driving away talking about what a huge
day it was for him, and decided we needed a picture, they probably
think we're crazy for spchasing them down the way we did haha, but
that's okay 💁🏻
Also, ELDER RUEDA from WV (now Isrrael) showed up at his baptism!!!
Long story short he had to get into contact with Sister Fossum in
Sandy, her new area, and she told him she was coming to a baptism with
me and invited him, it was the best surprise ever! 😱🎉

Ryan was also baptized on Sunday! There were so many people there to
support him! He cried while people were speaking at his baptism, it
was so good to see the impact it had on him, because we haven't really
seen that teaching him up to this point. But I am so excited for him
to get a calling and continue to progress!

Saturday night I got to go to the women's session of general
conference with a bunch of sisters from the mission, it was so much
fun!!!! My favorite part was the first speaker talking about

Proverbs 3:5 ¶Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not
unto thine cown dunderstanding.6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and
he shall direct thy paths.

She said when we lean, we are off center, we are not centered on
Christ anymore! I loved that so much! And I also loved just how aware
of each one of us God is, I had a question come into my mind towards
the end, and I wrote it down, then the last speaker shared a scripture
that I know was God's answer to me, it was

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as
the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled,
neither let it be afraid.

It might seem simple, but it was what I needed, and God knew that,
because He knows me individually, just as He knows you. One of my
favorite parts of that scripture is the word remember. That's what the
spirit does, it brings truths to our remembrance. Satan would have us
forget our spiritual experiences, and doubt the things we believe in,
but the spirit helps us to remember. I know that's why we are
commanded to read scriptures and pray every day, so that we stay close
to God and have open communication with Him!

❤ John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might
have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good
cheer; I have eovercome the world.

Jesus has already overcome the world!!!

I love you all! Have a great week and feel free to email me 🤗

Sister Kirkpatrick




















No comments:

Post a Comment